The JAMAICA DIASPORA AND FRIENDS EXCELLENCE AWARD (JDAFEA) seek to recognize members and organizations of the Jamaica Diaspora community and friends of Jamaica who have developed and implemented initiatives that support the growth of Jamaica’s culture, economy, people, and communities.
- To create a coveted and unprecedented awards ceremony, coincident with the Jamaica Diaspora Conference, that recognizes members of the Jamaica Diaspora and friends of Jamaica who do exceptional work in contributing to the development of Jamaica.
- The Jamaica Diaspora and Friends Excellence Award (JDAFEA) Foundation will give primacy to integrity, sincerity, good judgment, honesty, probity, honor, rectitude in decision-making, creating and setting standards in all respects as it relates to awards, awardees, award functions, patrons and guests.
- To celebrate and publicize the achievements of Diaspora members and friends of Jamaica in the development of Jamaica.
- To reward and encourage excellence.
- To provide a platform for participants to network and forge partnerships.
- The award ceremony will model the Nobel Prize, where winners in each sector/ category will be awarded prize money to assist them in furthering their work. Winners will also receive a valuable plaque/medal.
- Awards will be open to members of the Jamaica Diaspora and individuals or groups that are making exceptional contributions to Jamaica in various areas of development.
- The award event will be a culminating event of the Diaspora Conference, which has 1500 participants each year from all regions. The event will be streamed live.
- The first awards ceremony is being planned for the summer of 2019 to coincide with the Diaspora Conference of that year. In the interim, an event/forum will be hosted at the next Diaspora Conference planned for Summer 2017 to showcase trailblazers in philanthropy and to inform patrons of significant details of the upcoming awards.
Powered by Facebook Comments