Diaspora Advisory Board Member
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
Term of Office:
The term of office is for a period two (2) years. Please note that this is a voluntary position and there is no compensation for the position
Role and Responsibilities:
- The primary function of the Board is to advise the Minister with responsibility for the Jamaican Overseas Community on issues relating to the Diaspora.
- Members of the Board are required to interface with the community groups in their respective countries, obtain a clear understanding of the issues/interests and concerns evident in the Jamaican community.
- The Board members must be in regular contact with the nearest Jamaican Mission to be briefed on the Government of Jamaica’s priority areas for development and thereafter transmit this information to the Diaspora. Board members will also brief the representatives in the Mission on developments within the Jamaican overseas community.
- The members will severally or collectively advise the community through the Jamaican community networks of Diaspora matters as per the directive of the Minister.
- The members of the Advisory Board have no power to establish any structure, association or entity in the name of the Advisory Board.
Powered by Facebook Comments