Diaspora Advisory Board – FUTURE LEADER
CRITERIA & ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
Term of Office:
The term of office is for a period two (2) years. Please note that this is a voluntary position and the Future Leader Member will not receive financial compensation for the position
Role and Responsibilities:
The Future Leader Member will be required to:
- Represent the interest of the Jamaican Diaspora in your region to the Minister responsible for Diaspora affairs in the Government of Jamaica.
- Build a relationship with stakeholders in Jamaica and your region to create economic benefits and sustainable practices for the development of youth leaders.
- Maintain a working relationship with the applicable Jamaica Consulate
- Assist the ABM in the receipt and dissemination of information that would be relevant to the youth in the Jamaican Diaspora, on a timely basis.
- Work with counterparts in other regions, assist in organizing the Jamaican Diaspora to participate in all meetings relevant to the Diaspora, including the biennial Jamaica Diaspora Conference in Jamaica
- Attend Advisory Board Member meetings as designated/invited and be prepared to initiate creative efforts for the well-being and development of the Diaspora
Criteria for elected JDNE Future Leader:
- Be Jamaican or of Jamaican heritage or be eligible to hold Jamaican citizenship.
- Be age 35 or under of legal age.
- Be a resident of the region you are running to represent.
- Be honorable, trustworthy, and of good moral standing within the community.
- Have sound leadership qualities and organizational skills.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Have no criminal record.
- Have knowledge and understanding of social, political and economic issues in the USA and Jamaica.
- Be able to finance traveling to Jamaica and Diaspora states
Powered by Facebook Comments