JAMAICA DIASPORA NORTHEAST USA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jamaica Diaspora NorthEast USA (JDNE) & NE Future Leaders collaborates with various organizations to coordinate citizenship and voter registration drives throughout the North East.
The Jamaica Diaspora NorthEast USA (JDNE) and the NE Future Leaders collaborates with various Jamaican and Caribbean organizations coordinate citizenship and voter registration drives within the NorthEast region. The drives will be held at various locations throughout the NorthEast region, including Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Virginia) from July 27-30.
- Boston, MA – Reggie Lewis Track & Athletic Center (Thurs & Fri, July 28 & 29 @ 12-7p)
- Hartford, CT – West Indian Social Club of Hartford (Fri, July 29 @ 12-7p; Sat, July 30 @ 10a-3p)
- Orange, NJ – Seventh Day Adventist Church of the Oranges (Wednesday, July 27 @ 3-7p)
- Paterson, NJ – City Hall Patterson (Friday, July 29 @ 12 -7p)
- Trenton, NJ – Rehobeth Pentecostal Church (Friday, July 29 @ 6-8pm)
- Bronx, NY – Jamaica Progressive League Building (Wednesday, July 27 @ 3-7p)
- Springfield Gardens, NY – Flowers Rehabilitation (Thursday, July 28 @ 3-7p)
- Brooklyn, NY – St. Paul’s United Methodist Church (Friday, July 29 @ 3-7p)
- Rockville, MD – Rockville Seventh Day Adventist Church (Thursday, July 28 @ 12-7p)
- Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Central Church of God (Friday, July 29 @ 12-7p)
- Richmond, VA – St. Alban’s Anglican Catholic Parish Church (Friday, July 29 @ 12-7p)
>> Participants should bring copies of their green cards, passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates and divorce decrees, check/money order for $680 citizenship application fee, as well as two passport pictures to be submitted with your application to USCIS on your behalf.
>> You will have an opportunity to meet with an attorney pro bono to determine your eligibility for naturalization.
The Diaspora Advisory Board comprises representatives from the Jamaica Diaspora communities in the USA (3), Canada (2), and the UK (1), and is chaired by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade (MoFAFT) who is responsible for Diaspora affairs.
The Advisory Board member representatives are charged with representing the interests of the Jamaican Diaspora in their regions as they advise the Minister on matters relating to their respective communities. In the USA, the three (3) regions are North East, West/Midwest, and South East. They interface with community groups with a view to consolidating and advocating interests and concerns.
For more information about the Jamaica Diaspora NorthEast USA (JDNE) visit http://www.jdneusa.org/ or call 1-888-332-9477.
Powered by Facebook Comments